FOCUS

Philip said to him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us." Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'? Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority, but the Father who dwells in me does his works. Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me, or else believe on account of the works themselves.”
"Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do because I am going to the Father. Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.
John 14:8-14 (ESV)
We often do not understand who God is and the "benefit" of being a child of His. Yet, if we ponder the significance of our position in Christ, we live a life of love, purpose, power, significance, and security.
 
When we are defeated, we focus on life's details, assigning them power and authority over the only one who has power and authority. If we live defeated lives, it is because we do not know God or, at the moment, we are not in tune with His purposes, power, and love.
Where I focus is essential, and focusing on the details of life we cannot control will always yield defeat.

 

https://www.podbean.com/relate365

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

It is good that God does not depend upon our ability, faith, or goodness

Hope in a King?