One Day…

He came to Simon Peter, who said to him, "Lord, do you wash my feet?" Jesus answered him, "What I am doing you do not understand now, but afterward you will understand." Peter said to him, "You shall never wash my feet." Jesus answered him, "If I do not wash you, you have no share with me." Simon Peter said to him, "Lord, not my feet only but also my hands and my head!" Jesus said to him, "The one who has bathed does not need to wash, except for his feet, but is completely clean. And you are clean, but not every one of you." For he knew who was to betray him; that was why he said, "Not all of you are clean."
John 13:6-11 (ESV)
Here is a typical illustration of human thinking versus Divine thinking.
Jesus came into this world to serve, provide, and give to be the ultimate payment for our sins. Jesus came to show us how someone who created it all, knows all, and who always does what is right would live.
Jesus has no perspective, no opinions, and needs not be affirmed as correct. He, alone, is God.
Before Peter or anyone else speaks to Him, we need to realize to whom we are talking.
I do not need to understand or agree with God for God to be correct and to be God.
One day, all things that God has done will make sense to me, and I must trust in who He is rather than who it is I want Him to be.
 


https://www.podbean.com/relate365

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

It is good that God does not depend upon our ability, faith, or goodness

Hope in a King?