Today our world lacks peace because it lacks God. The solution is simple.

“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.”
John 14:27 (ESV)
Peace or Šālôm occurs about 250 times in the OT, and eirēnē about 100 times in the NT. Šālôm, iridescent in meaning, means "wholeness" or "well-being." (Dictionary of Scripture and Ethics)
It is impossible to experience wholeness apart from Christ. It is impossible to be well, apart from God. It is God's will that all mankind live life the way it was intended to be, and we were intended to be with God, forever.
Jesus seemed to be leaving, but assured them He will never leave them. Great enlightenment usually comes after confusion to those who seek the truth. My responsibility is to seek truth and my reward for doing so is peace.
Today our world lacks peace because it lacks God. The solution is simple.


https://www.podbean.com/relate365

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

It is good that God does not depend upon our ability, faith, or goodness

Hope in a King?