Our hope is always in Jesus

“You heard me say to you, ‘I am going away, and I will come to you.' If you loved me, you would have rejoiced because I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I. And now I have told you before it takes place, so that when it does take place you may believe. I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming. He has no claim on me, but I do as the Father has commanded me, so that the world may know that I love the Father. Rise, let us go from here.”
John 14:28-31 (ESV)
I have perspective; Jesus does not. He calls the death of His saints precious when I often see it as a tragedy. He saw His death as a blessing in many ways; we see it as cruel treatment of the innocent.
I cannot change the fact that I am influenced by perspective, yet I can get in the habit of yielding my perspective to God. In doing so, I can rest in the peace that transcends understanding.
I find it interesting that one of the most precious commodities of life, peace, is something that can only be achieved by accepting things that are not understandable. Our hope is always in Jesus, not in anything else in this life. In that, things make sense.



https://www.podbean.com/relate365

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

It is good that God does not depend upon our ability, faith, or goodness

Hope in a King?