There are no perfect people in the world, only a perfect God.

Peter said to him, "Lord, why can I not follow you now? I will lay down my life for you." Jesus answered, "Will you lay down your life for me? Truly, truly, I say to you, the rooster will not crow till you have denied me three times.”
John 13:37-38 (ESV)
It is impossible to understand how God lives outside of time. For this moment, Jesus is in time, yet he knew that Peter was going to deny Him, and yet He still entrusted him with the leadership of the early church. He knew Peter would deny and abandon his calling. Yet, Jesus continued to work with Peter because He who has begun a work in us will complete it.
I would have loved to know what exactly went through Peter's mind when the rooster crowed and his eyes met Jesus' eyes.
I would have loved to sit at the water's edge and hear Jesus question and exhort Peter to get back to shepherding the flock.
There are no perfect people in the world, only a perfect God. Therefore, there are no needed people. We are wanted, and God remains the only one who will ever fit the "need" factor.
I am thankful God does not depend on my perfection for me to be used and that the final results depend on His perfection.
 


https://www.podbean.com/relate365

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

It is good that God does not depend upon our ability, faith, or goodness

Hope in a King?