There is joy in service and strife in seeking to be served.


But now I am coming to you, and these things I speak in the world, that they may have my joy fulfilled in themselves. I have given them your word, and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.
John 17:13-14 (ESV)
 
Jesus wishes His followers joy, while talking about how a Godless world hates them. Seldom do we see joy and hate expressed together. Yet some of the greatest moments of peace come during the chaos, and the most hope is expressed amid hopeless situations. The dead live, the servant’s fulfilled, and the prosecuted are victorious.
 
There is joy in service and strife in seeking to be served. Jesus, the only one who ever lived out complete truth, was a servant. If I want His joy, I need to accept His lifestyle.
 



https://www.podbean.com/relate365

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

It is good that God does not depend upon our ability, faith, or goodness

Hope in a King?