Jesus was not deterred by what was about to happen to Him.

Then Jesus, knowing all that would happen to him, came forward and said to them, "Whom do you seek?" They answered him, "Jesus of Nazareth." Jesus said to them, "I am he." Judas, who betrayed him, was standing with them. When Jesus said to them, "I am he," they drew back and fell to the ground. So he asked them again, "Whom do you seek?" And they said, "Jesus of Nazareth." Jesus answered, "I told you that I am he. So, if you seek me, let these men go." This was to fulfill the word that he had spoken: "Of those whom you gave me I have lost not one."
John 18:4-9 (ESV)
 
Jesus was not deterred by what was about to happen to Him. He knew, from the beginning, that this would take place, that it would be most unpleasant, and yet he marched right into it.
 
Satan seems to attack our expectations, emotions, and desires to derail us from our purposes. This technique was not working on Jesus. It is fascinating that when Judas betrayed Jesus, those with him fell to the ground, and Jesus needed to speak to them to get them with the program. Those who were outsiders seemed to know this was a sham.
 
When I am face to face with God, I am confident I will be with my face to the ground until He clarifies that I can look at Him. It will be the natural response for all mankind in the presence of God. Those in God's family will have the privilege of looking into the eyes of their Heavenly Father, and those who have ignored Him will look into the eyes of their judge.
 
For now, the choice is mine.
 

https://www.podbean.com/relate365

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

It is good that God does not depend upon our ability, faith, or goodness

Hope in a King?