Jesus was looking for the day when you and I will see Him in His glory.


I in them and you in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that you sent me and loved them even as you loved me. Father, I desire that they also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory that you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world.
John 17:23-24 (ESV)
 
We are wired to be focused on showing the world who God is, not who we are. As a result, we will always be frustrated in pursuing selfish goals that cannot deliver the peace and purpose they seem to promise.
 
As we focus on demonstrating God to a Godless world, circumstances become a tool rather than a hindrance. Circumstances give us credibility, allow us to publicly display God's faithfulness, and enjoy a peace that passes understanding. We cannot avoid circumstances in life, so the wise embrace them and look for ways to use them.
 
Jesus was looking for the day when you and I will see Him in His glory. However, for today, if you're reading this, the only glory we will be able to witness is His faithfulness in us.
The circumstances of life cannot change the love and purpose of God, so we must act in accordance with this precious truth.
 

https://www.podbean.com/relate365

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

It is good that God does not depend upon our ability, faith, or goodness

Hope in a King?