The goal in life is not simply making it to the end of life.

O righteous Father, even though the world does not know you, I know you, and these know that you have sent me. I made known to them your name, and I will continue to make it known that the love with which you have loved me may be in them, and I in them.
John 17:25-26 (ESV)
 
I have been privileged to be a part of Silver Birch Ranch since 1968 and have had their motto of "To Know Christ and to Make Him Known" integrated into my life. Jesus seems to be saying that "motto" right here. He knew God, made Him known to those He was with, and planned to keep making Him known.
 
The goal in life is not simply making it to the end of life, but that we are able to demonstrate God's love as a recipient and steward of such an excellent mystery. We are to solve the mystery and demonstrate what life is about.
 
Jesus came that we might know God. John wrote this book so that the concept of God would become a reality to the ordinary person. I, too, need to be focused on loving God and demonstrating what that love looks like to others.

https://www.podbean.com/relate365

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

It is good that God does not depend upon our ability, faith, or goodness

Hope in a King?