Narrow Ministry

For I have given them the words that you gave me, and they have received them and have come to know in truth that I came from you, and they have believed that you sent me. I am praying for them. I am not praying for the world but for those whom you have given me, for they are yours.
John 17:8-9 (ESV)

Jesus was here on a mission. He came to die, defeat death, begin the church, and go home. He was not trying to be everything to everyone.
 
Recently I read about churches having the availability of sending a holographic image of their pastor to another church so he could be at several locations simultaneously. The church needs to be careful not to make superstars out of their leadership or musicians.
 
God uses ordinary people, and donkeys at times, to speak for Himself. The creation shouts His name, and the rocks could speak for Him if He commanded. He does not need us, and we should never be the focus of ministry.
 
Jesus speaks of a narrow ministry pattern, whereas we speak of expansive impacts. I think we need to be careful.
 


https://www.podbean.com/relate365

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

It is good that God does not depend upon our ability, faith, or goodness

Hope in a King?