The next generations can suffer significantly due to my sin.


And Sarai said to Abram, "Behold now, the Lord has prevented me from bearing children. Go in to my servant; it may be that I shall obtain children by her." And Abram listened to the voice of Sarai. So, after Abram had lived ten years in the land of Canaan, Sarai, Abram's wife, took Hagar the Egyptian, her servant, and gave her to Abram her husband as a wife. And he went in to Hagar, and she conceived. And when she saw that she had conceived, she looked with contempt on her mistress. And Sarai said to Abram, "May the wrong done to me be on you! I gave my servant to your embrace, and when she saw that she had conceived, she looked on me with contempt."
Genesis 16:2-5

It never works well to help God with a plan on which He needs no help. God does not need us; He wants us. He does not use us to accomplish His will; He allows us to be in on His completing His will. It is not about our faith but about His faithfulness. Really.

Continue to read the Scriptures and see how often man messes up from mixing iron and clay, or from mixing up God's and our ways. It will never end well mixed up, and in this case, the world still suffers from this decision.

The next generations can suffer significantly due to my sin. Not thinking of them may be the ultimate self-centeredness.

https://www.podbean.com/relate365

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

It is good that God does not depend upon our ability, faith, or goodness

Hope in a King?