I need to be willing.


Make yourself an ark of gopher wood. Make rooms in the ark, and cover it inside and out with pitch.
Genesis 6:14

Can you imagine being given an assignment from God to make a boat, a rather large ship, in the mountain? Noah was the "one" who listened to God, and God was no doubt looking for one He could use to show the world who He was--just as He is today.

But that individual needs to be willing to be one who would face the impossible and remain tenaciously focused on the task. How does one build a giant ark in the mountain? One board at a time, one nail at a time, and one day at a time. After a hundred or so years, there is a finished product, and God uses this to demonstrate who He is and to save a remnant.

Today, I need to be willing to be that person--the one whom God would use. I need to position myself to do the impossible to show God clearly to the world in which I live. I need to trust in God and enjoy the position of faith in which He puts me, even if nobody else joins me, for truth has never been determined by popular vote and never will be.

https://www.podbean.com/relate365

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

It is good that God does not depend upon our ability, faith, or goodness

Hope in a King?