He made us to enjoy Himself

Then Abram said to Lot, "Let there be no strife between you and me, and between your herdsmen and my herdsmen, for we are kinsmen. Is not the whole land before you? Separate yourself from me. If you take the left hand, then I will go to the right, or if you take the right hand, then I will go to the left." And Lot lifted up his eyes and saw that the Jordan Valley was well watered everywhere like the garden of the Lord, like the land of Egypt, in the direction of Zoar. (This was before the Lord destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah.) So Lot chose for himself all the Jordan Valley, and Lot journeyed east. Thus they separated from each other.
Genesis 13:8-11

Why the fights? It was over what was best for self, easiest for self, and what made one's life simpler, better, and more productive. This life is all about us, so we must fight for what gives us the best life. Trouble always starts with self-centered thinking--always.

When I make life about me, I lose. When I make marriage about my needs, I lose. I lose when I make my job about how I am compensated and treated. When I make the government about me, I lose. When I make church about me, I lose. I am most miserable when I make my day about satisfying my urges, desires, and pleasures.

God did not make us to enjoy this world or its experiences. He made us to enjoy Himself, and in that, He allows us to enjoy this world and its experiences. Without that, we have nothing to count on but the lies of Satan.
 


https://www.podbean.com/relate365

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

It is good that God does not depend upon our ability, faith, or goodness

Hope in a King?