We were made to love Him, not defend Him or His ways.

Then Moses said to God, "If I come to the people of Israel and say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you,' and they ask me, 'What is his name?' What shall I say to them?" God said to Moses, "I am who I am." And he said, "Say this to the people of Israel, 'I am has sent me to you.'"
Exodus 3: 13-14
 
How would you describe God to someone? Would you be afraid to talk about Him because you have never taken an apologetics course?
 
It seems that God does not spend much time on apologetics. It was simple when He was asked how Moses should tell the people who sent Him. Tell them "I," "God," the "I Am," sent you.
 
If I was the owner of a business and you worked for me, and I gave you an assignment that involved providing direction to others, and you asked me what you should say to the other workers concerning your new authority, I would say, "Tell them that I said so."
 
It would be straightforward, as it should be with God. God needs no one to defend Him; He can do that on His own. We were made to love Him, not defend Him or His ways. In loving Him, He will display what it should be to accomplish His work and give us significance and security.


https://www.podbean.com/relate365

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

It is good that God does not depend upon our ability, faith, or goodness

Hope in a King?