Our salvation is from Christ alone!

Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.
John 5:24 (ESV)
 
Since the Bible is translated from another language, we often miss minor details that would help us grasp the whole meaning of various concepts. For example, Wuest, in his expanded translation, says this: "Most assuredly, I am saying to you, He who habitually hears my word and is believing the One who sent me has life eternal, and into judgment he does not come, but has been permanently transferred out from the sphere of death into the life."
 
Our salvation is from Christ alone. Our security from Christ alone, for we are permanently transferred into God's family.



https://www.podbean.com/relate365

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

It is good that God does not depend upon our ability, faith, or goodness

Hope in a King?