No wonder….

"I can do nothing on my own. As I hear, I judge, and my judgment is just, because I seek not my own will but the will of him who sent me. If I alone bear witness about myself, my testimony is not true.
John 5:30-31 (ESV)
 
Healthy people realize they can do nothing on their own. Without Christ, we are nothing. Without the body of Christ, we are nothing. Without God, we have no context, and without context, we have no hope.
 
Without hope, we become anxious about the meaningless present circumstances, and attempt to create meaning that invents creative ways to indulge ourselves.  Eventually, I think I am the only one I should please, and I live in a way that points to my comfort and plans, and puts me in control of my destiny.
 
The only problem is reality. There is a God who gives life context and my life meaning. There is a future and hope for those in Christ, and this life is not about my comfort and plans. I have no control over the future, and my destiny is in His hands.
 
No wonder there is so much mental illness today.


https://www.podbean.com/relate365

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

It is good that God does not depend upon our ability, faith, or goodness

Hope in a King?