Without God, I am left to fend for myself.

"'And you shall not covet your neighbor's wife. And you shall not desire your neighbor's house, his field, or his male servant, or his female servant, his ox, or his donkey, or anything that is your neighbor's.'"
Deuteronomy 5:21 ESVST
 
God created us to love Him and to love one another. He makes it clear that in order for me to love God, I need to obey Him. He does not say to obey in Him in order to love Him. He says to love Him, and I will obey Him.
 
Coveting puts me against God and the neighbor I am supposed to love, for if I really loved my neighbor, I would be truly glad when they have things that are better than mine, or if they are in situations that are healthier than mine. In fact, how I feel about someone else's success is a barometer as to what is really going on in my life. I cannot love others if I have not experienced the love of God.
 
Without God, I am left to fend for myself. When I fend for myself, it puts me against you, and the conditions are perfect for an unfulfilled life.
 


https://www.podbean.com/relate365

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

It is good that God does not depend upon our ability, faith, or goodness

Hope in a King?