We love making things about us.

“Beware lest you say in your heart, 'My power and the might of my hand have gotten me this wealth.' You shall remember the Lord your God, for it is he who gives you power to get wealth,
that he may confirm his covenant that he swore to your fathers, as it is this day. And if you forget the Lord your God and go after other gods and serve them and worship them, I solemnly warn you today that you shall surely perish.”
Deuteronomy 8:17-19 ESVST
 
We love making things about us. They are not. Satan loved making things about him. Nothing is about him. Those of us who are nothing like to pretend that we are something. It is kind of making something out of nothing. The problem with that is that only God can do that.
Really, I am nothing, and only God can make something out of nothing, and He does this with all who call upon His name.
 
In my "world" I enjoy a certain amount of wealth, power, and comfort. These are truly gifts of God. I must see them and enjoy them in that context alone.


https://www.podbean.com/relate365

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

It is good that God does not depend upon our ability, faith, or goodness

Hope in a King?