This is weird.

"'You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.'"
Deuteronomy 5:8 ESVST
 
The people were making things and then worshiping them. We will have a tendency towards such behavior, yet this behavior will destroy us.
 
It seems silly to carve something out of wood or stone, place it on a pedestal, and worship it. Yet, in another way, it could seem "good" if I can get myself and others to believe that what I made is God. Think of the power I could have if I could make God, control God, and get others to worship the gods of my making. I would, in essence, for a time, be God. Satan attempted to do that, and those who follow him continue to do such things to their demise.
 
We may not be carving images today, but we are creating "things" that demand our time and attention, and, in essence, control us, even though they are things we control. This is weird.

https://www.podbean.com/relate365

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

It is good that God does not depend upon our ability, faith, or goodness

Hope in a King?