I have a responsibility

And Moses summoned all Israel and said to them, "Hear, O Israel, the statutes and the rules that I speak in your hearing today, and you shall learn them and be careful to do them.”
Deuteronomy 5:1 ESVST

Hearing and doing must go together, or hearing is a waste, and doing becomes foolish or meaningless.
"Shamar," the Hebrew word we translated "careful," means "to keep" in the sense of "tending" and taking care of something. An example of its usage would be that God put Adam "into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it." [1] We must carefully tend to the information we receive.

I have a responsibility when I hear the words of God, and should I neglect that responsibility, I will never be able to enjoy the life God intended for me. Knowledge should lead to action, growth, and opportunities to share knowledge

https://www.podbean.com/relate365

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

It is good that God does not depend upon our ability, faith, or goodness

Hope in a King?