This Is What Love Is About


“Father, glorify your name." Then a voice came from heaven: "I have glorified it, and I will glorify it again." The crowd that stood there and heard it said that it had thundered. Others said, "An angel has spoken to him." Jesus answered, "This voice has come for your sake, not mine. John 12:28-30 (ESV)
God needs nothing. As He reaches out to help us, He does so for our benefit, not His. He will rule the universe whether I obey Him or not. He will win in the end, even if I refuse to play in the game. He will always be right, for He has no perspective or opinion.
God is not waiting for me to act to accomplish His will. He is competent without me or any human. This is why His actions on our behalf are remarkable. He continually reaches into our human experience to be a part of something that has no benefit to Him, but tremendous benefits to us.

That is what love is about, and I am commanded to love others as He loves me.
That means I do what is right even if there is no personal benefit from my actions.




https://www.podbean.com/relate365

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

It is good that God does not depend upon our ability, faith, or goodness

Hope in a King?