Evil is caused by sin, and I sin by nature and choice.

If anyone hears my words and does not keep them, I do not judge him, for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world. The one who rejects me and does not receive my words has a judge; the word that I have spoken will judge him on the last day.
John 12:47-48 (ESV)
Jesus came to give us life. He came so we could thrive, not just survive. If we ignore Him, we are in trouble, yet it is not Him that is our trouble; it is our ignorance.
Those who seek God find God. Those who obey God find that He is faithful and true. Those who ignore God find that their ignorance is costly.
We like to focus on God's mercy and grace, and rightfully so. However, we would be wise to refocus on our obedience to God to live healthy lives.
Those who focus on obedience stop focusing on perfection, because perfection is a byproduct of obedience. We can never be perfect, but we can be righteous. We can never be sinless, but we do not need to sin. We can never be blameless, but we should be responsible.
Evil is caused by sin, and I sin by nature and choice. I need to choose to live a life of obedience and see what God will do with such a sinner as I am.


https://www.podbean.com/relate365

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

It is good that God does not depend upon our ability, faith, or goodness

Hope in a King?