Rhetoric or Truth?

For I have not spoken on my own authority, but the Father who sent me has himself given me a commandment—what to say and what to speak. And I know that his commandment is eternal life. What I say, therefore, I say as the Father has told me."
John 12:49-50 (ESV)
Confidence comes to those who know the truth and express the truth. False confidence displays similar traits as true confidence, yet ends differently.
Those who have confidence in the truth will win in the end. Those who put confidence in lies will lose in the end.
We cannot tell what is right or wrong by observing someone's confidence levels. We can only know the truth when it's all over.
Those who know God, who listen to Him, and who proclaim what He has said will find, at the end, when it matters, that their confidence was legitimate.
We must be careful to examine truth apart from rhetoric, confidence, or emotional ties, for the Evil One uses all those things to block the simple truths of God's Word.


https://www.podbean.com/relate365

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

It is good that God does not depend upon our ability, faith, or goodness

Hope in a King?