Follow Me

Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit. 25 Whoever loves his life loses it, and whoever hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. If anyone serves me, he must follow me; and where I am, there will my servant be also. If anyone serves me, the Father will honor him. "Now is my soul troubled. And what shall I say? 'Father, save me from this hour'? But for this purpose I have come to this hour.
John 12:24-27 (ESV)
Jesus's answer to someone wanting to see Him can be confusing. The Greeks wanted to see Jesus, and He answered them by telling them about dying to self.
Perhaps He is telling them that they can see Jesus in anyone who dies to themselves and lives for Him. The Greeks were known for seeking knowledge and wisdom, and Jesus answered them appropriately, considering who they were and what they wanted.
Throughout Scripture, we are told that Jesus is our ultimate example of how to live. In John chapter seventeen, Jesus prayed that we would be one as He and God were one. The idea of identifying with Jesus is foundational to understanding the meaning and purpose of life.
If I want to see Jesus, I need to die to myself and live as His servant, and I will see Him in my everyday activity. If I want to see Jesus, I need to represent Him in my daily activity.
The apostle Paul told Timothy to follow him, and in essence, he would be following Jesus. So may we, too, understand the importance of this simple message.

 


https://www.podbean.com/relate365

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

It is good that God does not depend upon our ability, faith, or goodness

Hope in a King?