Those who are, act like they “are.”


"The one who speaks on his own authority seeks his own glory; but the one who seeks the glory of him who sent him is true, and in him there is no falsehood."
John 7:18 (ESV)
 
I am the final say on nothing overly substantial. My world can change in a moment, and all my built-up power and authority would be over. Every person begins their physical life dependent and ends their life dependent, even though we spend the middle years trying to find independence.
 
We seek respect, inclusion, and significance. We desire to position ourselves to be secure.
We wear ourselves out trying to find these things that are already ours if we are in Christ.
 
If I worked my whole life hoping that I would earn a position in my family one day, I would be wasting my time because I am already a member of my family. Not only would I waste time, but I would also confuse those around me, and, in the process, destroy any hope of enjoying the life and position I already have.
 
Those who are a part of God's family should act as if they are a part of His family and stop trying to be a part of His family by acting as if they are.

https://www.podbean.com/relate365

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

It is good that God does not depend upon our ability, faith, or goodness

Hope in a King?