Facing God With Regrets

These words he spoke in the treasury, as he taught in the temple; but no one arrested him, because his hour had not yet come.
John 8:20 (ESV)
 
So often, I think I am in charge. So often, I am wrong. No one arrested Jesus because no one but Jesus was in charge. He is the creator and sustainer of all life. He has decided timelines, kings, and kingdoms, and the future is nothing but history to Him.
I can plan my day and perhaps should plan my day, but He is in charge of whether I make it to the end of my day in my present state or enter my eternal state.
 
Sometimes I forget to think through the truths I know and live my life on autopilot. There is a definite timeline, and I am not responsible for creating or implementing it.
 
The people in Jesus's day were focused on mob rule, as we are today. They ended up making major mistakes, as we are today. When they crucified Jesus, they thought they won for three days. "Thinking" something does not make it accurate. Mob rule can never determine right and wrong. Likewise, rhetoric cannot create truth.
 
In the end, God always wins, and those who refuse to align with Him will have wasted their lives and face Him with regret. Thus, our story does not need to end badly, unless, of course, we want it to.
 
But, for now, the choices are ours.

https://www.podbean.com/relate365

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

It is good that God does not depend upon our ability, faith, or goodness

Hope in a King?