God's mercy gives me freedom

So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed him, "If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."
John 8:31-32 (ESV)
 
There are many "if" clauses in the Bible that we often ignore to our detriment. If clauses help us clearly understand what God is saying and always have a contrasting side.
 
For example, in this passage, we could say, if you do not abide in my word, you are indeed not my disciples, and you will not know the truth, and you will not be set free.
 
If I want to know God, I need to spend time with Him. If I want to live in the freedom that comes from living the way I was meant to be, I need to live in the context of the way it was meant to be.
Sometimes we think of truth as restrictive, yet truth always gives us freedom.
 
The truth of God's mercy gives me freedom from the penalty of sin. The truth of God's grace gives me freedom from the power of sin and will one day deliver freedom from the very presence of sin. Freedom is tied to truth, and free societies have always embraced the truth, whereas authoritarian cultures have always embraced lies and deception.
The founding fathers of the United States of America embraced the truth and promoted a nation and culture dependent on God and His Word. Today, we are a mess because we no longer know God or His Word as a nation, and are rapidly losing the freedom we once enjoyed.
It does not need to be this way.
 
For now, the choice is ours.


https://www.podbean.com/relate365

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

It is good that God does not depend upon our ability, faith, or goodness

Hope in a King?