Our most important relationship is with God.

So the Pharisees said to him, "You are bearing witness about yourself; your testimony is not true." Jesus answered, "Even if I do bear witness about myself, my testimony is true, for I know where I came from and where I am going, but you do not know where I come from or where I am going.”
John 8:13-14 (ESV)
 
Honest people honestly evaluate and portray their life. Flawed, sinful people portray someone they want others to think they are. Jesus was not sinful, was honest, and portrayed Himself as He was.
 
I understand the Pharisees’ confusion in that they thought they were talking to another man when they, in reality, were talking with God. Those confused about Jesus, are confused about life.
 
God sees me as I really am and loves and wants me. Others see me the way I portray myself and want to make sure I am less than them.
 
God knows me and wants what is best for me, even at His expense. Others don't know me and want what's best for themselves, even at my expense.
 
Our most important relationship is with God. When that relationship is right, we become free to be who we are and enjoy this life, while looking forward to the next.

https://www.podbean.com/relate365

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

It is good that God does not depend upon our ability, faith, or goodness

Hope in a King?