There is a way to be satisfied.

Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst. But I said to you that you have seen me and yet do not believe.” John 6:35-36 (ESV)
 
I so often serve the provision rather than the Provider. I often associate the provision with the love of the Provider. Satan can mess with my mind by whispering lies in my head about God ignoring me as I do this.
 
This crowd focused on what God could do for them in our physical world, not knowing that Christ overcame the world. Food, money, power, and the like will never satisfy our souls. Those "things" may benefit our physical lives, but will always leave our souls emaciated.
 
We all seek life satisfaction, and Christ is the only way to obtain that. When we seek the things that only satisfy the physical, we eventually experience an emptiness that drives us to despair.
All who live for this life will eventually be disappointed, because it cannot deliver on its promises.


https://www.podbean.com/relate365

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

It is good that God does not depend upon our ability, faith, or goodness

Hope in a King?