God Made Things Simple


About the middle of the feast Jesus went up into the temple and began teaching. The Jews therefore marveled, saying, "How is it that this man has learning, when he has never studied?" So Jesus answered them, "My teaching is not mine, but his who sent me.
John 7:14-16 (ESV)
 
Jesus gives us the key to being wise. All we need to do is know Him, say what He has said, and we will be brilliant. I am amazed at how many times we think we need to add something to God's message to make sure it makes sense.
 
We need to add nothing to what God has and is saying.
 
Whenever I am asked where I get my material from for speaking, I usually say that I plagiarize it all. Anything true was true before I was born and will be valid after I die. If I am wise, I focus on representing the truth, not making it up.
 
It amazes me that I keep speaking about things that have never changed, and for some reason, people keep listening. Perhaps that is the key to being effective.
 
God made this simple. I need to know what He said and represent Him accurately.

https://www.podbean.com/relate365

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

It is good that God does not depend upon our ability, faith, or goodness

Hope in a King?