I need to know, not act as if I know…

“No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day. It is written in the Prophets, 'And they will all be taught by God.' Everyone who has heard and learned from the Father comes to me-- not that anyone has seen the Father except he who is from God; he has seen the Father. Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes has eternal life.”
John 6:44-47 (ESV)
 
Credibility lies in Jesus. Jesus knows the Father, does the Father's will, has seen the Father, and represents the Father. The people talking do not really know Jesus, but talk like they do, have never sought the Father, and therefore do not know Him, yet talk like they do.
 
Talking "like you do know" when "you don't know" is always foolish. Those who speak confidently in what they do not understand will only fool those who understand less than themselves.
 
People talking to Jesus about His deity or about God need to be accurate because He knows.
My goal should be to know, not to act as if I know. Because knowing the truth is critical, that needs to be my number one focus/goal in life.
I invite you to join me in this pursuit.


https://www.podbean.com/relate365

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

It is good that God does not depend upon our ability, faith, or goodness

Hope in a King?