My Job

Then he said to them, "These are my words that I spoke to you while I was still with you, that everything written about me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled." Then he opened their minds to understand the Scriptures….
Luke 24:44-45 (ESV)
 
Those who are not believers are not capable of understanding the truths of Scripture. For those who do not know or have rejected Jesus, the only message that is important for them to grasp is that there is a God who loves them, their sin has separated them from Him, and that God has made a way to correct this tragedy.
 
Talking doctrine with those who cannot understand quickly turns into a confusing waste of time.

As a child of God, my job is not to defend or debunk, but to love and point to God. He will take care of the convincing and convicting.
 
Showing others who God is in any circumstance of life is my high calling. I am thankful God has given me something to do that I actually can do through Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

It is good that God does not depend upon our ability, faith, or goodness

Hope in a King?