The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer…

The LORD is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation;
this is my God, and I will praise him,  my father's God, and I will exalt him.
Exodus 15:2 (ESV)
 
The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
Psalm 18:2 (ESV)
 
If we had to fill in the blank after the statement "The Lord is my _____” what would it be? David filled it in with strength, song, salvation, rock, fortress, and deliverer in whom he could take refuge.
 
God already is someone, and what we think of Him will affect how we live, not who He is. God should be discovered, not created, and those who know Him use the exact descriptive words throughout the Scriptures.
 
If you do not think of God as your strength, song, salvation, rock, fortress, or deliverer, then perhaps you do not know Him. Therefore, this is the perfect time to commit to this new year to know Him and to make Him known.
 
Happy New Year!

https://www.podbean.com/relate365

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

It is good that God does not depend upon our ability, faith, or goodness

Hope in a King?