God is man’s only happiness.

Whom have I in heaven but you? And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalm 73:25-26 (ESV)
 
Those who seek and enjoy God have sought and enjoy life. Those who ignore Him cannot see or experience life.
 
J. Tillotson said this:
"Nothing that is short of all this can make us happy: and no creature, no, not the whole creation, can pretend to be all this to us. All these properties meet only in God, who is the perfect and supreme good; and, consequently, God is the only happiness of man. "
 
God is man's only happiness, and those who sell themselves out to money, fortune, fame, power, and more will one day be crushed by their resources.
 
There is a beautiful story of Thomas Aquinas. One day, while worshipping in the chapel where he was accustomed to performing his devotions, the Saviour appeared to him and said, "Thomas, thou hast written much and well concerning Me. What reward shall I give thee for thy work?" Whereupon he answered, "Nihil nisi to; Domino"—"Nothing but Thyself, O Lord." (Biblical Illustrator)
 
May this be our prayer.

https://www.podbean.com/relate365

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

It is good that God does not depend upon our ability, faith, or goodness

Hope in a King?