Evidence

For thus said the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel, "In returning and rest you shall be saved; in quietness and in trust shall be your strength." But you were unwilling….
Isaiah 30:15 (ESV)
 
There is something "golden" about quietness and trust. Those who are genuinely confident need not constantly discuss why they are confident. They need no social media posts, debates, or polls to prove their confidence. Our lives demonstrate the obvious, and we do not need to confirm the obvious through rhetoric.
 
Those who excel at sports need not tell people they excel; it will be evident. Likewise, those who are wise or in positions of authority need not debate their smartness or authority, for those things will be evident.
 
I do not need to argue about God's love and provision; I must live in that context. As I do this, my words can be few, and my quietness and trust become my strength.


https://www.podbean.com/relate365

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

It is good that God does not depend upon our ability, faith, or goodness

Hope in a King?