Mercy

…he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior,
Titus 3:5-6 (ESV)
 
Mercy is defined as not getting what you deserve. Because I am a sinner, I deserve to be separated from God. I deserve to live an anxious, depressed, meaningless, and confusing life.
Yet, God, in His love, showed compassion on me while I was in my sinful state, and sent Jesus to this earth to live, die, and be resurrected for my sins.
Since my hope is in Jesus and not myself, my hope is secure, and I can now live the abundant life I was meant to live.
 
I am a child of God because of God's mercy. Therefore, I am most thankful, and I pray that you have accepted God's precious gift.
 
 
 

https://www.podbean.com/relate365

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

It is good that God does not depend upon our ability, faith, or goodness

Hope in a King?