In “Good” Hands

I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand.
John 10:28-29 (ESV)
 
I cannot lose something that is not dependent on me to maintain. My salvation is from God and dependent on God. I am not in God's family because of my sinless life, but because of God's mercy and grace.  The only thing I brought to God was my neediness, and He supplied, with His resources, what I needed.
 
I have a physical mother and father, and regardless of my activities in life, I will always be their son. Therefore, my status is not dependent upon my attitude or action but on the fact that I was born into their family.
 
This passage in John tells us that those who have accepted Christ's gift are "born-again." Christians are born into God's family, and there is nothing we can do or not do to escape God's grip. This passage talks of eternal life and the fact that we will never perish. It also refers to the fact that we are placed in Jesus' hands, and then God puts His hands over Jesus' hands, and we have no way out.
 
No man and I am a man (meaning humankind), can get them out of God's hands.
My salvation depends upon God from start to finish, and He is faithful. I am secure.
 




https://www.podbean.com/relate365

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

It is good that God does not depend upon our ability, faith, or goodness

Hope in a King?