He is God. I am Dave.

What shall I ask God to do? When I speak to Him, I am talking to my creator, sustainer, and the only one who lives in the past, present, and future. I speak to my loving Father, the one who knows all and who has no limitations, the one who does right all the time, and is therefore good all the time. I speak as one who is totally dependent to one who is totally independent. I speak, but I do not demand. I ask, but do not insist. 

How does one speak to one who has no opinion, no perspective, and no “issues” that need working through in order to allow Him to see things clearly? 

I can demand nothing. I cannot inform Him of anything. I cannot help Him accomplish His work. I cannot give counsel for the future, and, most times, I see the past incorrectly. 

Yet, I can approach His throne boldly for He is my loving Father. I can speak and He will listen because He is my Father. I can share my ideas, and He will listen, and guide my thoughts and ideas at the very moment they escape from my mind. As His child, I can make unreasonable demands, and His patience with me will never end. 

God’s love for me is not dependent upon me. It is and has never been about me and my ability. My prayers are not changing things; they are changing me. 

As I come into my Father’s presence, I have total freedom to express myself, to declare what I have observed, to express my opinions on whatever is on my mind, and my Father enjoys the interaction. 

As I interact with information before the King, my Father, I am forced to look at what I think and say in light of having it evaluated by the only one in the universe who embraces absolute truth and love. I often start by talking to God in one direction, and I end up in a totally different direction by the end of the discussion. It often proves that I do not know what I am talking about, and it demonstrates the loving guidance of God and His Holy Spirit. 

Prayer makes life experiential, and it is critical that we have experiences in the realities of life in order to begin to understand these realities. 

Perhaps I am to enter His presence often, and to pray without ceasing so that I am continually placing my thought process in the cider press of truth.

There is no shortage of human opinion on any given matter, however, there seems to be a shortage of truth which can be corrected if I would spend time listening to God and speaking to Him about what I heard. 

I can think that when I pray I have power, but in reality, when I pray I demonstrate my lack of power and point to God and His power. 

He is God. I am Dave. That actually means something. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

It is good that God does not depend upon our ability, faith, or goodness

Hope in a King?