Faith in ?

And Jesus stopped and said, “Call him.” And they called the blind man, saying to him, “Take heart. Get up; he is calling you.” And throwing off his cloak, he sprang up and came to Jesus. And Jesus said to him, “What do you want me to do for you?” And the blind man said to him, “Rabbi, let me recover my sight.” And Jesus said to him, “Go your way; your faith has made you well.” And immediately he recovered his sight and followed him on the way."  Mark 10:49-52 (ESV)
 The blind man had faith in Jesus, not in faith. To have faith in my faith is a confusing waste of time. We have often heard someone advise another to have more faith, and that faith changes things. Indeed, it does; however, faith needs to be directed to the proper person.
Slight changes in meaning mean significant changes in understanding. Things in this life are never dependent upon my faith but on God's faithfulness. My faith is in what actually ”is,” not in what might be. This blind man knew who held power to heal and asked with that in mind. I need to do the same and rest in whatever answer I receive.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

It is good that God does not depend upon our ability, faith, or goodness

Hope in a King?