We know the end of the story.

And Joshua said to all the people, "Thus says the Lord, the God of Israel, 'Long ago, your fathers lived beyond the Euphrates, Terah, the Father of Abraham and of Nahor; and they served other gods. Then I took your Father Abraham from beyond the River and led him through all the land of Canaan, and made his offspring many. I gave him Isaac. And to Isaac I gave Jacob and Esau. And I gave Esau the hill country of Seir to possess, but Jacob and his children went down to Egypt. And I sent Moses and Aaron, and I plagued Egypt with what I did in the midst of it, and afterward I brought you out.
Joshua 24:2-5 ESVST

Teachers often need to make sure that history is clear and accurate. God will teach us if we are faithful. Joshua clarifies that God is in control, has been in control, and should be in control.

Yet, we know the end of the story. The people are eventually "controlled" by their fears, emotions, and this world. It did not need to end this way. My physical world will also end, and, for now, I get to choose how that end will look.
 
Learn More at Relate365.com


https://www.podbean.com/relate365

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

It is good that God does not depend upon our ability, faith, or goodness

Hope in a King?