Perspective

So the Jews said, "See how he loved him!" But some of them said, "Could not he who opened the eyes of the blind man also have kept this man from dying?"
John 11:36-37 (ESV)
 
There always seems to be a group we could entitle "some of them." They are those who look to criticize, blame, and demand that God perform for them so they will not suffer. The "entitled" think more of their comfort and convenience than an overall plan and purpose.
 
Jesus has no perspective in that He sees all things the way they are. He knew that Lazarus' death was not a tragedy, but a promotion. All those who die in Christ are better off after death.
 
At times, I struggle to understand this concept. It seems I am often locked into what is happening around me, my comfort and pleasure, and often miss the grand purpose of life events.
I need to keep working at seeing the world through God's eyes, not mine. When I finally get there, I will stop asking why and instead look for when God will fulfill His promises.
 
Perspective is a funny thing that can easily distort the truth. However, the Scriptures destroy deception, and time is always well spent reading and meditating upon them.
 

https://www.podbean.com/relate365

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

It is good that God does not depend upon our ability, faith, or goodness

Hope in a King?