God does not need me, yet He wants me.

Now Jacob heard that the sons of Laban were saying, "Jacob has taken all that was our father's, and from what was our father's he has gained all this wealth." And Jacob saw that Laban did not regard him with favor as before. Then the LORD said to Jacob, "Return to the land of your fathers and to your kindred, and I will be with you."
Genesis 31:1-3 (ESV)

Prosperity is often a curse more than a blessing; children are the natural heirs of their parents' sinful attitudes.

Jacob was not a perfect person, yet he was the one who received the promise of God. God decided to use Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob uniquely, and nothing would thwart His plan.
Sometimes God uses the resources of the wicked to fuel His purposes, and it seems Laban fits this category.

I am convinced I will be a part of God's plan regardless of what I do. If I am evil, God will manipulate my worldly gains and use them and me for His purposes, and I will end up with no benefit. But, on the other hand, if I am submissive to His plans and purposes, He will use my resources, and I will see eternal treasure.

God does not need me, yet He wants me to be a part of the victory. For now, the choice remains mine.

https://www.podbean.com/relate365

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

It is good that God does not depend upon our ability, faith, or goodness

Hope in a King?