Cover-ups do not work.

Uriah said to David, "The ark and Israel and Judah dwell in booths, and my lord Joab and the servants of my lord are camping in the open field. Shall I then go to my house, to eat and to drink and to lie with my wife? As you live, and as your soul lives, I will not do this thing."
2 Samuel 11:11 (ESV)

Cover-ups do not work. Lies and deception eventually get exposed. Uriah was a man of integrity who knew what he should be doing and was determined to get back and participate in the fight.
Imagine the pain David was going through right then. He sinned against God, used Uriah's wife, and attempted to manipulate Uriah to hide his sin. None of his manipulations were working.
As is so often the case, his failed manipulation caused him to be more desperate in the cover-up, and he had a moment where, instead of being a man after God's heart, he focused on saving his reputation, no matter the cost to others.

Truth sets you free; lies enslave and destroy. For now, the choice is yours.


https://www.podbean.com/relate365

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

God Speaks

The blind leading the blind