Every idle word …

David said to him, "How is it you were not afraid to put out your hand to destroy the Lord's anointed?" Then David called one of the young men and said, "Go, execute him." And he struck him down so that he died. And David said to him, "Your blood be on your head, for your own mouth has testified against you, saying, 'I have killed the Lord's anointed.'"
2 Samuel 1:14-16 (ESV)

Trying to gain value in the eyes of the king by bringing him news of his enemy's demise was not a good idea. It is interesting how we all seem to see things differently. This man thought that he was bringing good news to David, yet when David heard it, he declared it to be bad news and had this man executed.

What is it that causes two individuals to see things so differently? What is it that makes one viewpoint right and one wrong, or one better than another?

I'm not sure, but I know that one day, every idle word I have spoken will be judged by one who has no opinions. It is that day on which I need to focus and for which I need to prepare.


https://www.podbean.com/relate365

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

God Speaks

The blind leading the blind