Cause and Effect

‘If you walk in my statutes and observe my commandments and do them, then I will give you your rains in their season, and the land shall yield its increase, and the trees of the field shall yield their fruit.’
Leviticus 26: 3 -4
 
Cause and effect clauses are sprinkled throughout the Scriptures. If you do this, then this will happen.
 
If you overeat and exercise too little, you will gain weight, or if you do not maintain a budget, you will not be able to meet your financial obligations. We want to eat and be lazy and not gain weight. We want to spend money as we feel, not as we should or plan, and we still hope it works out.
 
If I love God today and walk with Him, I will enjoy the benefits of doing so. I will have significance and security and be in His shadow or His protection. If not, I will not be in such a place.
 
As an old teacher, I taught my students the idea of cause and effect regularly. As an older man, I have written a book entitled Ideas Have Consequences. We must realize that even though God is sovereign, we have choices that matter and have consequences. We need to live this day with that in mind.
 


https://www.podbean.com/relate365

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

It is good that God does not depend upon our ability, faith, or goodness

Hope in a King?