There is an answer to this dilemma!

What causes quarrels, and what causes fights among you? Is it not this that your passions are at war within you? You desire and do not have, so you murder. You covet and cannot obtain, so you fight and quarrel. You do not have because you do not ask. You ask and do not receive because you ask wrongly to spend it on your passions.
James 4:1-3 (ESV)
 
Personal responsibility is rare. We seem to desire to be victims, unable to change the course of our thoughts and life. We fight the idea of all men, including ourselves, being sinful and dependent upon God's mercy and grace to enjoy life.
 
I quarrel because I am all about me, and you are not. I continually attempt to get you in line with my thinking and obtain the dominant stature I think I should hold. Often, my prayers are about me and having others get in line with my thinking, comfort, and success.  In essence, the quarrels in my life are caused by my passions at war within me, as God has stated here in the book of James.
 
The answer to this dilemma is to confess, align my thoughts with God's thoughts, and move on.
I am not a victim. I am a sinful person who can enjoy God's mercy and grace and pass that onto others.


https://www.podbean.com/relate365

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

It is good that God does not depend upon our ability, faith, or goodness

Hope in a King?