Without God, this life is all one has.

The Jews answered him, "Are we not right in saying that you are a Samaritan and have a demon?" Jesus answered, "I do not have a demon, but I honor my Father, and you dishonor me. Yet I do not seek my own glory; there is One who seeks it, and he is the judge.”
John 8:48-50 (ESV)
 
The Godless seek glory for themselves. The Godly seek recognition for their God and Savior. The Godless cannot make sense of those who choose to live pointing to someone or something other than themselves.
 
Without God, this life is all one has. With God, this life is but a vapor, a cloud that vanishes quickly in the wind. Without God, one spends enormous time and energy trying to squeeze purpose from the purposeless, love from the unloving, and satisfaction from things that cannot satisfy.


https://www.podbean.com/relate365

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

It is good that God does not depend upon our ability, faith, or goodness

Hope in a King?