Instead

“Since I told you concerning the things which have to do with the earth, and you are not believing, how is it possible, if I tell you about the things which have to do with heaven, that you will believe?”
John 3:12 (Wuest - The New Testament: An Expanded Translation)
 
Should we believe in God? Is this a question I should be asking? Belief is something I do, and there is a chance I could be wrong in what I believe. God does not have "beliefs" as man does. When God states something, it is a fact. You will never be able to say that God believes something, so it is worth my consideration.
 
Instead, if God says something, it is worthy of my attention. Therefore, I should seek what God says, look for ways to implement it in my life, and be thankful He does not hide the truth from me.
 
I need to acknowledge that God and I are different in that I can and do have opinions based on my perspectives, and He does not and cannot. In stating and reminding myself of simple truth, life is put into context, and I get to live according to the way it was meant to be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

It is good that God does not depend upon our ability, faith, or goodness

Hope in a King?