Those who know God rest in Him.

And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?
Matthew 6:28-30 (ESV)

Perhaps our anxiousness or lack of it points to our focus. If I focus on my ability to meet all my needs, I will be anxious. Likewise, I will be anxious if I put my hope in my job, government, and charitable programs.

All programs and people can fail, but God cannot. If I observe how God has cared for His creation, I will rest in the fact that I am the crowning joy of all His creation, and He will take care of me. If I am anxious about the future, I am focused on the wrong thing, ignorant of God and His love for me, or running from God.

Those who know God rest in Him. It is time to make knowing Him your life's priority.

https://www.podbean.com/relate365

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day, we answer to God.

It is good that God does not depend upon our ability, faith, or goodness

Hope in a King?