I would not be excited for this assignment.
And he said to me, "Son of man, stand on your feet, and I will speak with you." And as he spoke to me, the Spirit entered into me and set me on my feet, and I heard him speaking to me. And he said to me, "Son of man, I send you to the people of Israel, to nations of rebels, who have rebelled against me. They and their fathers have transgressed against me to this very day. The descendants also are impudent and stubborn: I send you to them, and you shall say to them, 'Thus says the Lord God.'”
Ezekiel 2:1-4 (ESV)
Leaders don't always get pleasant assignments. We don't choose the assignment we are given. God has a plan. He will work out His plan, and we can be part of it if we choose to submit to Him.
If we ignore God, we will be a part of the plan, too, on the losing side. Regardless of our choice, God's plan will be fulfilled.
I would not be excited for this assignment, but I would be excited that God has chosen to use me when He could do things on His own.
Ezekiel 2:1-4 (ESV)
Leaders don't always get pleasant assignments. We don't choose the assignment we are given. God has a plan. He will work out His plan, and we can be part of it if we choose to submit to Him.
If we ignore God, we will be a part of the plan, too, on the losing side. Regardless of our choice, God's plan will be fulfilled.
I would not be excited for this assignment, but I would be excited that God has chosen to use me when He could do things on His own.
Comments